This video will show you how to produce cannabis oil from 37.9 grams of cannabis. This much cannabis produced 5 grams of oil.
Direction for Making Cannabis Oil
To produce the full 60 gram treatment of oil, you would need to work with a pound or more of high grade cannabis and 2 gallons of solvent. This video shows you how to make the oil with only 37.9 grams of cannabis which produced 5 grams of cannabis oil. I suggest using 99% Isopropyl alcohol or naphtha as your solvent. You can also use as little as one ounce of cannabis to produce your oil. One ounce of high quality cannabis bud will usually produce 3-4 grams of oil. The amount of oil produced per ounce of cannabis will vary from strain to strain, but it all has the amazing curing power.
1. Place the completely bone dry starting cannabis material in a container big enough to hold all your material.
2. Dampen the material with the solvent you are using. Many solvents can be used. I like to use pure naphtha but you can use 99% isopropyl alcohol, which you can find in your local drug stores. Alcohol absorbs more chlorophyll from the plant material than naphtha does. This gives oils made with alcohol a darker color but does not take away from the potency of the oil to any noticeable degree. If the process is done properly, little to no solvent residue is left in the oil. You will require about two gallons of solvent to strip the THC off one pound of dry starting material.
3. Crush the plant material. Even though the starting material has been dampened with the solvent, you will find that the material can be readily crushed.
4. Add solvent until the starting material is completely covered.
Crush and work the plant material. As you are doing this, the THC dissolves off the plant material into the solvent.
5. Continue this process for 2-3 minutes.
6. Pour the solvent-oil mix off the plant material into another bucket. You have just stripped the plant material of about 80% of its THC.
7. Second wash – again add solvent to the plant material and work it for another 2-3 minutes to get the rest of the remaining THC out.
8. Pour this solvent-oil mix into the bucket containing the first mix that was poured off previously.
9. Discard the washed plant material.
10. Pour the solvent-oil mix through a coffee filter into a clean container to strain out any remaining plant material.
11. Boil the solvent off. A rice cooker will do this boil off very nicely. Never take the oil over 290 degrees Fahrenheit because doing this can cause the cannabinoids to vaporize off.
*NEVER USE AN OPEN FLAME HEAT SOURCE TO BOIL SOLVENT. THE FUMES ARE VERY VERY FLAMMABLE!!*
*BE CAREFUL ON STEPS 12-18*
12. Add solvent-oil mix to the rice cooker until it is about ¾ full. SEE PHOTOS
Make sure you are in a very well ventilated area and set up a fan to carry the fumes away. The fumes are very flammable. Be sure to stay away from red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes etc. that could ignite the fumes. Do not inhale the fumes.
13. Plug the rice cooker in and set it on high heat.